More than eight years ago (whoa
) I started writing this blog, The Art of Non-Conformity
. I wanted to chronicle my adventures around the world and support other people with big dreams.
But the journey actually begin more than ten years before that, when I first started working for myself. I wasn’t a good employee, having been fired from just about every job that I didn’t walk away from after a few weeks. My motivations at the time weren’t very high-level: I simply wanted to earn money to support my lifestyle.
As the years went by, I learned more about entrepreneurship as a way to change the world. I spent a few years living on a hospital ship deployed to West Africa. I started a quest to visit every country on the planet. And as I wrote, and then as I began hosting events and supporting offline communities, I gradually grew into the work I felt born to do. So I wrote a book about how you can find or create the same for yourself.
Born for This
, just released today and available wherever books are sold, provides the answer.
You’ll learn how to:
- Hack the job of your dreams within a company or organization by making it work for you
- Find your ideal work and your ideal working conditions
- Create plans that will allow you to take smarter career risks and “beat the house” every time
- Start a profitable “side hustle” and earn extra cash on top of your primary stream of income
- Escape the prison of working for someone else and build a mini-empire as an entrepreneur
- Become a rock star at any creative endeavor by creating a loyal base of fans and followers