Over the past four days I’ve been filming (and preparing…) non-stop for our new “Make Your Dream Trip a Reality” course. We kicked off on Tuesday morning with a live broadcast that many of you watched.
More news on that including a full recap of Week 1 is coming tomorrow! I’m behind on posts but will catch up soon. 🙂
In the meantime, here’s a special deal that just came out. If you’re jumping into the world of miles and points this week, here’s a way to get a bunch of extra points that aren’t usually available.
As part of a limited-time offer, Chase has increased the bonus for their United Explorer card. The card now offers 50,000 MileagePlus miles (formerly 30,000) upon completion of a $3,000 minimum spend.
For the next few weeks (or less, depending on when you’re reading this), you can earn an improved signup bonus on this card.
In addition to the improved signup bonus, the card also offers the following benefits:
- Get a free checked bag every time you fly as long as you keep the card
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club with two one-time-use passes every year
- Your miles don’t expire as long as you’re a Cardmember, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
- Use your miles for any seat, any time, on any United flight
- There are no foreign transaction fees
- The annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year
Note, however, that this probably isn’t the best card for everyday use. That’s still the Chase Sapphire Preferred, which offers 40,000 points for initial signup and then double points for all dining + travel spend.
The best strategy for most of us is to get the updated United card for the limited-time signup bonus, meet the minimum spend, and then revert to using other cards on an ongoing basis.
At some point in the very near future, the card will revert to an earlier, lesser bonus. It will still be available in some fashion, just not as enticing. If you’re interested in getting more miles, now’s the time.