If you’ve read the blog for a while, you probably know about WDS, also known as the World Domination Summit (modestly titled). For the past five years a small team and I have produced this summer gathering in Portland, Oregon, with thousands of interesting people who attend from all over the world.
Last year was our five-year anniversary, and we decided to try something new for 2016. The main-stage weekend (now called “360”) has limited attendance of 1,000 people and is already sold out.
However, we’re also creating an all-new experience for everyone else who wasn’t able to get that ticket. This new experience is called WDS Connect. With a Connect ticket, you’ll be able to participate in your choice of hundreds of meetups, Community Conversations, and even join us for our spectacular Closing Party.
I’ll have more to say about WDS Connect a bit closer to August, but if you don’t want to wait—registration is now open! All tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
What’s Included and What’s Not
WDS Connect tickets include all of the following:
- Access to the WDS mobile-app, which allows attendees to meet virtually and plan in-person meetups
- Entrance to one Academy, selected on a first-come, first-served basis
- Entrance to the Closing Party on Sunday night
- Invitations to more than a dozen featured activities from Tuesday through Friday
WDS Connect tickets do not include:
- Entrance to the Friday night Opening Party
- Theatre access to all main-stage sessions on Saturday and Sunday
- Special programming that is exclusively for 360 Attendees
This is an all-new experience. When you’re part of the inaugural year, you’ll be part of co-creating it with me and the team.