We’ve all heard it takes our brains 21 days to form a new habit. This new journal, currently being crowd-funded, does exactly that—keeps you on track while you form new daily habits, with these habits eventually leading you to conquer big goals.
Here’s how it works:
- Choose a goal
- Write down the daily habits that you think will help you achieve that goal
- Plug those habits into your daily tracker pages
- At the end of each day, take 5 minutes to reflect on how you did
- Review at the end of each week, then repeat until the month ends
Seems pretty simple. But like a lot of simple systems, it may have the power to create real change.
The creators claim this journal is effective for six reasons:
1. It helps you focus on the small actions you can take today.
Too many of us focus on the bigger picture and become overwhelmed with goals. When you concentrate on the small wins you can make every day, you’ll notice instant progress towards achieving your goal.
2. It forces you to become your own accountability partner.
The journal won’t shout at you. It won’t tell you you’re fat. It wont phone your mom and tell her you’re not taking your vitamins. It will, however, make you feel accountable for your own progress.
3. There is science behind it.
It is scientifically proven that journaling provides you with clarity, reduces stress and provides a better understanding of yourself and your habits.
4. It only takes 5 minutes effort every night.
That’s it. You don’t have to do anything other than plan at the start of the week and reflect at the end of the day.
5. You can’t turn it off.
Set the journal beside your bedside as a reminder. Unlike your habit tracking app, it can’t be turned off or ignored. The basic act of putting pen to paper brings its own reward.
6. It’s simple.
There’s not a whole lot to it. The tagline pretty much describes how simple it really is: Track your habits, achieve your goals, change your life.
Check out the video:
There’s still time to participate in their Kickstarter project!