More than eight years ago (whoa) I started writing this blog, The Art of Non-Conformity. I wanted to chronicle my adventures around the world and support other people with big dreams.
But the journey actually begin more than ten years before that, when I first started working for myself. I wasn’t a good employee, having been fired from just about every job that I didn’t walk away from after a few weeks. My motivations at the time weren’t very high-level: I simply wanted to earn money to support my lifestyle.
As the years went by, I learned more about entrepreneurship as a way to change the world. I spent a few years living on a hospital ship deployed to West Africa. I started a quest to visit every country on the planet. And as I wrote, and then as I began hosting events and supporting offline communities, I gradually grew into the work I felt born to do.
Don’t get me wrong; I have a long way to go. Everything I do feels imperfect and flawed. But I know I’m on the right track, and I know this work matters.
But enough about me…
I said those things to provide some context. Over the past couple years, though my touring, research, product development, and just a lot of conversations, I’ve talked with many other people who’ve also found or created their dream job. They speak about winning the lottery, as if they are the luckiest people in the world. “I can’t believe I get to do this every day,” they say.
I wanted to write a book about that. How do you find your dream job? How do you find the work that makes you come alive… the work you were born to do?
Born for This, just released today and available wherever books are sold, provides the answer.
- Hack the job of your dreams within a company or organization by making it work for you
- Find your ideal work and your ideal working conditions
- Create plans that will allow you to take smarter career risks and “beat the house” every time
- Start a profitable “side hustle” and earn extra cash on top of your primary stream of income
- Escape the prison of working for someone else and build a mini-empire as an entrepreneur
- Become a rock star at any creative endeavor by creating a loyal base of fans and followers
You can order the book from any major retailer:
Or of course, you can get the book from your local bookstore—always a great option!
*Note: The UK & Commonwealth edition (Australia, New Zealand, India, etc.) will be available starting April 21. You can pre-order now! Other editions and foreign languages will follow later.
The Tour: 30 Cities, Bitches!
I’ll be on the road for much of the next six weeks. Come on out and say hi!
This week’s schedule:
- April 5: Portland, Oregon (Private event, almost sold out)
- April 6: Santa Monica, CA (Free tickets)
- April 7: San Diego, CA (Free tickets)
- April 8: Irvine, CA (Free tickets)
- April 10: Tempe, AZ (Free tickets)
and then on to 25 more cities….
I’m really excited about Born for This, and I hope you love it. If you check it out, please give me your honest feedback. Everything I write is for you.
*Friends and readers, thanks for your support. If you’d like to tell your friends about the new book, I’d be grateful. Use hashtag #BornforThisBook and send people to BornforThisBook.com.