I was fortunate to be featured in a nice profile in this month’s issue of Psychology Today.
My thanks to Carlin Flora and the whole Psychology Today team for putting this together. I never know what’s going to happen when a magazine wants to do a feature, so I try to provide good info in the interviews (in this case, two hours’ worth), and hope for the best.
I’m very happy with this one, and I was especially glad that they featured not only me but also six AONC readers. Here are the other people highlighted in the article:
- Matthew Cook – A Canadian who spent four years in rural Pakistan with two young children.
- Nathan Hangen – A triathelete, Afghanistan veteran, and author of a new blogging course, Nathan once sent me a scarf from Kabul. (@nhangen)
- Crystal Williams – A snarky East Coast writer, self-described as “contentedly childless.” (@bigbrightbulb)
- Brooke Thomas – Working from New Haven and elsewhere, Brooke is dedicated to shining a giant spotlight on the magic that the holistic health field has to offer. (@brookethomas)
- Adam Baker – The runner-up to last summer’s Unconventional Writing Contest, Adam is now settling into life in Thailand with his wife and young daughter. (@manvsdebt)
- Sloane Berrent -The “Causemopolitan” Sloane recently completed a three-month internship with Kiva in the Philippines. Along with many others of our community, she’s featured in the upcoming AONC book. (@sloane)
Welcome Psychology Today Readers!
I’d like to welcome those who are coming over to the site from the web link and print magazine.
If you’d like to learn more or be a part of AONC, here are a few things you can do:
1) Join my email list for “6 Ways to Change the World.” You’ll also get updates when I post to the site every Monday and Thursday, and on the store most Sundays.
3) The Brief Guide to World Domination manifesto helps you learn to defeat gatekeepers and take over the world (peaceful goals are accommodated too). The sequel, 279 Days to Overnight Success, tells the case study of this site and how you can create your own unconventional career. Both of these reports are completely free.
4) I also help people achieve World Domination through our side business, UnconventionalGuides.com. You can learn about getting 600,000 Frequent Flyer Miles, being self-employed for life, and a few other topics.
5) You are also welcome to participate by sharing your comments about any post or article, or by emailing me here.
Whether you’re new or old to the site, thanks for being a part of my life. Be sure and check out the work from the others mentioned as well.