I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- Why Travel Makes You Smarter — “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you’ve traveled.” – Mohamed
- Don’t Waste Those 30-Minute Gaps Between Meetings — How to take advantage of little pockets of time
- Quintessence — An essential part of maturing is learning to avoid discontent
- Etihad Offering Free Status Matches — May be limited in quantity; don’t wait! (hat tip: Gary)
- Don’t Throw a Life Raft Into the Kiddie Pool — On running marathons and raising children
- Discouragement Is a Natural Part of Achieving Goals — A lesson in “living with open hands”
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog.
- How to Learn About Entrepreneurship Without Spending a Cent — What to do if you don’t want to sign up for B-School or any other paid course
- A Film About Same and Ego Wins Best Picture at the Oscars — I loved this movie!
- One Family, Four Bikes, All of the Americas — Nancy Vogel’s Quest
- The Single Best Credit Card for Travelers — Earn 40,000 points now, and more everywhere you go
- Sometimes Life Sucks, So You Might as Well Do Something About it — I’ve always liked Trent Hamm‘s tagline: “All I care about is making your life not suck.”
- The New World of Passport Tattoo Art — Possibly illegal, definitely awesome
- “Normal Guy” Pizza Manager Stays Overnight in 48 States — Chris Strub’s quest to see America
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- Tips for Stress-Free Travel — It’s rare to travel completely stress-free, but here are some ways to minimize travel stress