I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- The Most Advantageous Places to Visit with American Dollars — An updated report highlighting Mexico, Argentina, and some of Europe
- The Economics of Busking — Notes on best practices and how much money you can expect to make
- How to Tell the Difference Between Planes — Do you know that there are only two double-decker aircraft? This infographic will teach you how to spot all the major aircraft types
- “Disco Dog”: The smartphone-controlled LED dog vest — Take your dog for a walk and a dance with this fun Kickstarter project
- Major League Baseball Pitcher Spends the Off Season Living in His Van — “To me, this is the way that makes sense.”
- Living in an Internet Cafe in Japan — Struggles of the underemployed in Japan
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog.
- Taking a Travel Break Mid-Career — On the Road with John Fiddler and Kathleen Egan
- Fuel Dumping: A Little-Understood Trick to Save Hundreds of Dollars on Airfare — Bloggers get hate mail over sharing this tip, but now it’s out in the open (sort of)
- “If You Have to ‘Give Back,’ Maybe You Took too Much in the First Place” — We should give because it’s good for us, not because of how nice we are
- Non-Conformity and Adventure in Europe — The ‘Alive in Berlin’ Conference
- 40 Years Later, I Set Out to Walk the Camino De Santiago — Nancy Liddle’s Quest
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- Questions to Ask of the People Who Make the Rules — What’s more important: The spirit or letter of the rules?
Image: Mark Sandusky