I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- The SlumGods of Mumbai: Hope, Hip-Hop and The Dharavi Way — Awesome video from one of India’s largest slums (more info here)
- You Are in a Relationship with Yourself (So Make It a Healthy One) — Part of a new “Start Life Over” series from Donald Miller
- ‘Real Prettiness’ Depicts People with Down Syndrome in a New Light — After seeing the final results, many of the subjects didn’t even recognize themselves
- The Science of Politely Ending a Conversation — Tip: People like to give a courtesy warning before wrapping up
- What People Asked the New York Public Library Before Google — Did such an era ever exist? Apparently, it did
- Woman Spends 14 Years Photographing the World’s Oldest Trees — An awesome quest with amazing photos
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog.
- Annual Review 2014: A Big Batch of Reader Reviews is in! — Check out review posts from readers and add yours if we missed it
- Writing with Adderall: A Personal Case Study — What I’ve learned from a 21-day trial of taking the prescription drug
- Off to See the World, Once Again — I’m excited to head out on my first three continent trip in several months
- Traveling the World on $50 a Day — On the Road with Matt Kepnes
- Round-the-World Tickets Revised — How a single ticket can take you to 16 cities + earn you 40,000 qualifying miles
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- How to Travel Alone — All decisions could be yours alone to make. Have you tried it?