I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- Ten Lessons from 1,000 Days of Building Maptia – A founder’s story of trial, error, and meaningful growth
- The Dual Lives of People Living with Mental Illness — Photographer captures different scenes from people who suffer from depression and bipolar disorder
- 29-Year-Old NFL Player Leaves $37 million Contract to Become a Farmer — Well, first he made $25 million … but it’s still a fun story
- Learning to Think Japanese — When next in Tokyo, don’t ask for the water fountain
- The Longest Commute in the World — How a group of butchers travels to Iceland every year
- Reddit Users Track Down Mystery Couple from Snapshot — She said yes! on top of a mountain in Oregon, and this guy captured a great photo
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- If Your Life is a Movie and You’re the Director — Some thoughts on the possibility of deliberately adding hardship to our lives
- The Central Illusion of Our Time — A challenging statement (well, for me) that career and economic success doesn’t lead to fulfillment
- Michael Hyatt’s Early Bird Offer Opens — The “Best Year Ever” course is now open with discounted pricing
- Traveling in a Financially Sustainable Way — On the Road with Nora Dunn
- Top 5 Credit Card Signup Bonuses for Miles and Points — Earn up to 200,000 miles & points from bonus offers this month
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- The Calling — Bob Dylan’s advice on finding your calling
Image: The Guardian