I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- TRIBUTE: The Most Meaningful Gift On Earth — I backed this great Kickstarter to help friends and family more easily create video montages
- 75-Year-Old Swedish Man Builds 10-Foot Boat to Sail the World — “Most people misunderstand life,” he says
- 50,000 Volunteers Needed for New Language Learning Program — Sign up for a creative experiment from Great Escape Publishing
- The Pirate of Vancouver — Behind the scenes of North America’s Trader Joe’s smuggling operation
- Don’t Write 1,000 Words a Day — At least, not if you don’t feel like it
- The History of Emoji — Where do those little characters come from?
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- Make Ideas, Not Art — The Sketchnote Workbook by Mike Rhode
- How to Think About People Who Disagree with You — And other ways of applying perspective
- 50,000 Bonus Mile Offer on U.S. Airways Card — A limited-time offer from the card that refuses to die
- Pay $39 and Travel for Nearly Free — The Missed Opportunity of My Recent Guide Launch
- How to Plan an Annual Review — An overview of the upcoming exercise, and an invitation to a new course from Michael Hyatt
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- Consider the Dominoes — It’s not that you’re “too busy,” but something just isn’t working
Image: The Guardian