I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- 9 Ways to Conquer Seasonal Affective Disorder — Kris Carr’s practical tips on wellness (#5 is my favorite)
- In Praise of Short Sentences — A professor encourages students to write better using fewer words
- The Greatest Ivy League Prank of All Time — Ten years ago, a group of Yale students convinced hundreds of Harvard football fans to switch sides
- A Camera Budget for Every Budget — The WDS Media Director shares how you can get started with great photo + video for as little as $1,000
- Sad YouTube — A collection of songs presented with particularly sad, melancholic, or reflective comments
- The Habits of Highly Effective Writers — “Productive writers reject the notion of writer’s block the way others shun gluten.”
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- We’re Having a Party on December 28, and You’re Invited! — Celebrate with us in Portland and share some spiked eggnog (and if you don’t like eggnog, that’s cool)
- Dreams Have a Habit of Popping Back Up — On the Road with Lola Akinmade Akerstrom
- How to Be Alone on a Holiday — Advice for challenging times
- Is a Quest Better if it Helps Others? — Thoughts on a question I get asked often
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- The Art of Radical Exclusion — Here’s a crazy idea: we make time for what’s important to us.