I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- The Man Who Wrote 1,547 Books — Brazil’s most prolific author produces a new book every few days
- Ridiculously Clever Halloween Costume Ideas by Jean Jullien — My favorite is the “Pumpkin Spice Latte” costume. Be ready a year in advance for Halloween 2015!
- The Agency Moment — How “so many people” are searching for the ability to assert their desires and self-worth
- Graphic Novel Unfolds Exclusively on Instagram — It’s a corporate project, but I still thought it was clever
- The Bias of Umpires — New research shows that empires are hesitant to make calls that change the course of the game, especially in games with high stakes
- Feathers & Flight — Why wearing a hoodie won’t get you promoted (and other unconventional career advice)
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- Introducing “Upgrade Unlocked” — It’s Here! The Unconventional Guide to Luxury Travel (on a Budget) is now live
- Let’s Talk When You’re Free — Productive people are never “free”
- Don’t Forget to Register for Free Money Next Saturday — The Small Business Saturday instant rebate varies year by year, and this year you can get at least $30
- Notes from Traveling Millennials — On the Road with Bud and Eva Simpson
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- On Destiny, Influence, and the Impossibility of Being Self-Taught — I used to say I was self-taught, but no longer
Image: Jean Jullian