I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- Alphebet Blocks for Home or Office — An artist encourages you to “build your own letterscape”
- Living Simply in a Dumpster — The view from a 36-square-foot open-air box
- Self-Portraits with Other People — A creative experiment from a Czech photographer (hat tip: Kottke)
- An Entrepreneurial Bootcamp in Chile — Spend eight weeks (!) starting and working on a business in a beautiful environment
- A Six Mile Sketch from the Six Mile Pencil — An artist puts a new tool to creative use
- The Importance of Experimental Travel — A short manifesto for something that many of our readers identify with
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- Lessons From the Journey: Misadventures Produce Confidence — When something goes wrong, how about seeking to accept it as an investment in learning?
- Mini City Guide: Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland — The pearl of the Swiss Bernese Oberland
- 20,000 Miles and Countless Life Lessons: Tom Allen’s Global Adventure — an open-ended quest to explore the art of making personal, meaningful journeys
- Plan in Advance When You’ll Begin to Worry About Something — A trick for handling the anxiety you know will come with something big
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- (Never) Save it for Later — Here’s a simple, powerful tip for blogging, creating, storytelling, or whatever your art form may be
Image: Areaware/Pat Kim