I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- Courage, Happiness, and Gratitude — What if you took the stage with no idea of what to say?
- Jordan from the Air — An aerial tour of one of my favorite countries
- The Modern Nuns — From a Star Trek enthusiast to a former trade union worker, women share their stories about why they chose the religious life
- Working with Amazon Publishing — Behind-the-scenes with an author who’s tried a few different approached
- All Our Sons — A real-time map of sunrises and sunsets built from Instagram posts
- How Small Could You Go — Awesome photos of a hidden, tiny Japanese hotel
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- Earn $200 or 20,000 Points with No-Fee Offer Before June 24 — This latest offer disappears very soon
- “I Am Capable of More than I Imagined” — On the Road with Elizabeth Glanzer
- What Remains in the Quest for Literary Permanence — Thoughts on the impermanence of art
- You Don’t Have to Win at Everything — What does success mean for you?
- How a Fortune Cookie Changed My Life — On the Road with Jessica Darling
- Going Back to Kindergarten at Age 28 — Melia Dicker’s quest to redo all her education
- To Be More Creative, Schedule Your Work at 80% Capacity — A great idea to reframe how you fill your time
- A Simple Thing You Can Do To Improve Any Relationship — Spoiler: Honor the other person’s dreams
- All-Female Film Crew Hikes 338 Miles of the California Aqueduct — Samantha Bode’s quest to explore and educate
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- Your Goals Are Too Small — Maybe you’re coasting along, doing okay, not lacking for anything material. But what else is there?
Image: Jordan from the Air