I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- 5 Secrets of a Successful Ted Talk — Hint: Being a famous person has little to do with giving a popular talk
- Hacking Weight Loss — What Jeff learned from losing 30 pounds
- 10 Places to Go Before They’re Gone — Don’t miss Madagascar! I once stopped off in every domestic airport on the island
- Changing Perceptions of Time While Dying (Video) — A Stanford neurosurgeon who was diagnosed with lung cancer in his mid-30s reflects on the experience
- The Most Aspirational Miles Award — Use your Virgin miles (a lot of them…) to book travel on Richard Branson’s Necker Island
- Gifts for Highly Productive People — My choice would be: more iPhone cables. I leave them everywhere!
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog.
- What if You Had to Work Only One Hour a Day? — I’d still face the classic creator’s dilemma: 1. Do a bunch of things or 2. Do one thing really well
- Packing Essentials — I gave myself five minutes to pack for a 10-day trip. We’ll see how well that turns out
- A Tale of Two Rivers: New Films Document Journeys in Iran and Pategonia — Tom Allen, creator of the film Janapar, is running a Kickstarter campaign to make 2 new documentaries
- 11 Travel Hacking Tips, Stories, and Ideas Combined into One Post — Check out this list for some travel inspiration and to see if something could be helpful to you
- How Much Money Do You Need to Live Abroad? 13 Questions to Ask Yourself — An excerpt from Working On the Road: The Unconventional Guide to Full-Time Freedom by Nora Dunn
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- Don’t Join the Popularity Contest: Make it Happen for Yourself — For every person who wins a contest, my hope is that many more will realize they don’t need permission to pursue their dream