I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- Dinner in New York — A photographer documents a shift from eating as a primary activity to a secondary activity
- The Life of a Professional Race Pacer — Behind-the-scenes of a highly unconventional (and short-term) career
- One Week Without the Kids — A working mother takes a vacation by herself
- Final Voyage of the Costa Concordia — Sad but breathtaking photos
- Go F*@!ing Do It — An accountability app that helps you skydive, launch a startup, or travel the world
- Australia’s Gold Coast — A timelapse video of one of my favorite places
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- Surrender Yourself to the Great Abyss — An awesome video that makes a bold claim: “Creativity is not for yourself. It’s to serve others”
- When Next in Helsinki — Be sure to take time for a sauna at the airport
- Scholarships for Real Life: Electric Vehicles & Road Trips — The second grantee for our foundation shares their story
- How I Deal with Anxiety — On any given day I’m anxious about any number of things. For better or worse, here’s what I do.
- You Should Do What Makes You Happy — Even if it means flying to somewhere for no reason on your birthday
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- Not Realistic — Realistic is the adjective of cynics. Wherever you encounter skeptics, naysayers, and charlatans, you’ll always encounter this word.