I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- How to Make Money as a Writer — Jane is optimistic about publishing, and I am too
- 6 1/2 years of self-portraits (with a twist) — Beckie shares her journey through depression and trichotillomania, a rare disorder
- Murakami’s latest book comes with stickers — A sneak preview from my favorite fiction writer
- A Beach in New York City — Not sure this crowdfunding project will reach its goal… but it’s a fun concept
- Managing meetings across 5 time zones — How an organization works together while most of its team members are geographically dispersed
- How much does it cost to book your favorite band? — A study in comparisons (albeit somewhat unfair ones)
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- Yoga World Record: Achievement Unlocked! — Did we do it? Yes, we did… and here’s an awesome video
- Creative Business as Art — An excerpt from Designed to Sell: The Unconventional Guide to Creative Freedom
- Pessimism Is an Indulgence — “It’s a way to rationalize withdrawal”
- Two Weeks in Oman — Watching this video makes me want to return to the small Arabian country
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- Fearless? — Because the absence of fear is not courage. The absence of fear is some kind of brain damage.