I. Around the World
Things I found on long walks in foreign cities, or perhaps when someone posted them on Twitter.
- A Conversation in Six Languages — Matthew and Erika meet in a cafe for a tour of European languages. Fortunately, there are subtitles!
- Why We Spend The Most Time on The Least Important Decisions — Short version: we talk about trivial matters because they are easy
- Training to Run Across America — Nicole’s journey from non-athlete to crossing the entire country next year
- Is being alone so painful that you’d rather shock yourself? — Apparently for some people (especially men), it is
- How the Daily Candy Deal Went Wrong — Also known as “The downside of selling your business for $125 million dollars”
- Someone’s trying to break our world record from last year — thankfully, we have another one coming up
II. On the Blog
A few posts you may have missed on the blog this week.
- Impostor Travelers — Why I stopped reading travel magazines that aren’t actually about traveling
- Getting Paid for Travel Writing — #1 tip: “Write about what’s in your backyard”
- Camping in Airports — A better alternative to sleeping on the floor
- On the Road with Marv & Jo — How a young California couple quit their jobs and hit the road full-time
III. A Blast from the Past
Something from the AONC archives.
- All the Things You Don’t Need — Why I’ll never participate in a six-language conversation (also see: many other skills I lack)